Monday, February 13, 2012

Dangerous Songs For the Average Gal

I admit that I am one of those people who while listening to a song, convince themselves that it is entirely about them. Egotistical, I know. I didn't realize that this was a quality I possessed until I was enjoying a "hip hop ab" work out just a few days ago. I was mid air hump when the song changed to "dont cha" by the Pussycat dolls. Immediately upon hearing the first few lines of this epic song, I felt my energy go up, my dance moves suddenly seemed to feel sharper and actually on beat. I was movin' and grovin like I had something to prove. Once the song ended though, my enthusiasm decreased and I was left feeling puzzled as to why.

It only took me a few minutes to realize that my hip hop ab performance hit an all time high during "dont cha" because that song gets me going! I was gyrating with a purpose because in that 3 minute period of time, I really believed that someone was truly sitting around, wishing that their girlfriend was hot, fun and a freak like me! This type of thinking is not typical of me and I blame it solely on the song itself. Since this epiphany occurred, I have been identifying other songs that have a similar effect on me and feel it is my duty to warn others.

Songs to Watch Out For

 Song: Don'tcha-Pussycat Dolls
 Disillusionment side effects: While listening to this song you should expect to feel superior to just about every girl who has a boyfriend. You will also be positive that the boyfriends of these ladies want to get in your pants. You may also experience feelings that you can get with any man on the planet.
Signature dance moves: "The hair grab. The feel on your own body. Lots of booty shaking and gyration.

Song: Irreplaceable- Beyonce
Disillusionment side effects: Regardless of your relationship status you will feel angry at some man in your life. You will begin to believe that he does not in fact know about you and have the urge to take back anything you have ever bought him. You will find yourself wanting to make sure you could have "another him in a second" just in case you quote this actual line from the song when engaging in an argument.
Signature dance moves: head snapping and a whole lot of lip smacking. You may also feel inclined to give someone the hand while listening to this song.
Warning: This song is more powerful than you may think. Avoid listening to it while suffering from PMS or any other emotional condition.

Song: Ride it- Ciara
Disillusionment side effects: It is 99.9% possible that you will be positive that "he loves the way you ride it" You may experience feelings of an increased libido and some have even reported experiencing a sudden urge to give a lucky man the lap dance of their life.
Signature dance moves: You will do everything to look like Ciara did in her video while dancing to this song. Trust me when I say, you will not look like her. If you insist on attempting anyways, do so in private.

Song: Hypnotize- Biggie Smalls
Disillusionment side effects: Thinking that Biggie Smalls has come back from the dead in the form of your body. You may consider putting cotton balls in your cheeks in order to sound more authenic.
Signature dance moves: Gangstas don't dance.



Of course, I will continue to listen to these songs regardless of the severe the effects they are capable of causing. I am however, thankful to hip hop abs for making me aware that these effects even exist. I will hopefully be able to control my reactions while in public but I cannot be too sure.

<>,
Bcoll$

         

1 comment:

  1. Love this because I don't think there is one person in the universe that can disagree with you on any of these!

    ReplyDelete